Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quiet Book

For my nephew's 2nd Birthday, I made him a quiet book.  Basically it is a fabric activity book for kids.  My Grandma Palmer made one for me when I was a kid and I really wanted to try my hand at it.  I have just started sewing so this project was a lot of trial and error.  It was also took a lot of time.

Here is the cover.  I made 4 different covers before I just settled for this one.  It just was not working how I had envisioned it.  It's made of felt and fabric paint.

This is the first page.  An apple tree.  The background is fabric with the tree, basket and apples being felt.  I sewed the tree onto the fabric and then hand-sewed the apples, using cotton balls as stuffing.  I attached Velcro to the apples and the tree.



Page 2 is my favorite.  The barn!  The barn is made of felt with bias tape as the white part.  The animals are also made of felt.



Page 3 is the color page.  The balloons are made of felt and I hand-stitched the lettering.


Page 4 is to show him how to tie a shoe.  The shoe is made of felt, with grommets put in and a regular shoelace.


Page 5 I just drew numbers and then stitched on the number of buttons per number.  I did this on a road trip!


The last page is a road page made of felt.  There is a garage where 2 cars fit and a large stop sign.



No comments:

Post a Comment