Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Custom Photo Refrigerator Magnets


I got inspired by this project from Do It, Gurl on YouTube.   Since I needed a gift for Father's Day, I decided to give it a try.  The project took me about an hour including drying time.  The steps are so easy and the supplies are readily available.


I gathered scissors, cork, a paintbrush, cookie cutters, glue, mod podge, photos and magnet strips.


First step is to choose your shape and size and cut the photos out.


Next, brush glue or mod podge onto the cork and place the photos.  Then, brush a thin layer of mod podge over the photos and let dry completely.


After it has dried,cut the shapes out.


The final step is to just cut some magnetic strip to the size you need and stick it to the back. The kind i had was adhesive so I didn't even need to glue it.





No comments:

Post a Comment