Tuesday, September 9, 2014

DIY Superhero Shoes

 

I'm BACK!!!  I may still be recovering from my surgery, but at least I can do more now.  Here in the Bryant house we have several birthdays in the fall.  We start with mine, which is TODAY, and then 20 days later my oldest turns 4, and then 12 days after that my baby will be 1 year old!  So we have been busy planning a superhero themed birthday party for the boys.  My next several post will probably all be superhero related...just a fair warning.

My first craft was a pair of batman shoes.  We bought a pair of plain canvas shoes from WalMart for $5.  To start the transformation I cut a logo on my silhouette cameo.  I just used a scrap piece of vinyl that I had lying around.

Then I stuffed the toe of the shoe with paper scraps so that it would stay firm and in place when I started painting.

Next I placed the vinyl on the shoe and just started to dab paint on until it was completely covered.  I used left over Behr house paint but you could also use acrylic paint.  Once the paint had dried I peeled back the stencil to reveal the logo.

The logo didn't turn out perfect...the paint leaked under my stencil just a bit.  I used a black sharpie to make the lines more crisp and defined.  I didn't use any kind of seal over the paint because well, my son is almost 4 and the shoes won't fit long before the paint will wear off...that or he will move onto loving another character and leave batman in the dust.

This was a simple, fast, and cheap way to make superhero shoes.  Logan loved them so much that he wore them to his first day of preschool!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment