Monday, January 26, 2015

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

Recently I was asked to make some cupcakes for my cousin Monica's Baby Shower.  I asked her what flavors she wanted and she told me to just choose.  Her only stipulation was that they had to have Teal and Purple frosting.  I racked my brain for a while, pinning multiple ideas.  Finally, the day before, I decided I didn't want to have to go to the store again so I looked in my cupboards and inspiration hit.


Caramel Apple Cupcakes
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Apple Sauce
2 Apples, chopped
1 cup water
1 jar of Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 batch of the frosting of your choice (or can, like I did)
Mix the Cake Mix, Applesauce, chopped Apples and water together until combined.  Portion out into cupcake liners and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let them cool, remove them from the pan and continue to cool them overnight or just a few hours.  Next, drizzle or spoon about a tablespoon of Caramel Sauce on each cupcake.  These cupcakes don't rise very much so you can fill them a little fuller, however, you want to leave space at the top for the Caramel Sauce.  Finally, frost and decorate as you wish.

Everyone really liked these cupcakes.  I think they were best ate with a fork though.


No comments:

Post a Comment