Friday, November 30, 2012

Dollar Store Wreath

I love cheap, cute Christmas crafts.  It's the 4 Cs.  I bought 12 tubes of 12 ornaments each at the dollar store.  Along with 2 coat hangers and some ribbon, I turned them into 2 wreaths.  

 I turned this basket of ornaments into this...
The task was simple.  I took the ornaments out of the package and glued the tops to the ornaments, just so they would stay.  Next, I shaped my hanger into a circle, then untwisted the top.  I began threading ornaments on, one at a time, letting them bunch up until I had filled the entire circle.  I re-twisted the top and tied a bow and viola!  For around $6 and an hour or so of time, you have a wreath.  I've made 3 of them so far.  They are so simple to do as you watch TV.
 

4 comments:

  1. Really cute ...
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock...this is super pretty. Glad you joined our party. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath is looking HOT! Look at it hanging off that door..looking mighty fine! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found you over at the Dollar Tree party. I love the darling wreath that you made. I went back to the $ store to buy the ornaments. It is now in my am-a-gonna pile :-) Thanks for sharing! Denise

    ReplyDelete