Saturday, March 16, 2013

Baked Zucchini Fries

If you know my husband, you know he is not a veggie eater.  When I met him, all he would eat was canned green beans and canned corn.  I am happy to say I have expanded him a little bit but I try new things all the time.  He's ok with stir-fried zucchini so I decided to give Baked Zucchini Fries a try.  I am happy to say he really enjoyed them.


Baked Zucchini Fries
3 zucchinis
1/2 cup flour
3 tsps Johnny's Seasoning
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


Cut the zucchini into fry sticks and put in a gallon sized zip top bag with the flour and 1-1/2 tsps of Johnny's Seasoning.

Beat the 3 eggs in a shallow container and mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and the remaining Johnny's in a second container.


Dredge the floured zucchini sticks in the egg and then the bread crumb mixture.  Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 425 degrees for 24-28 minutes, flipping the fries half way through the cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment