Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easy DIY Modern Art

My sister is the artist in the family.  She is so talented and even went to college for art.  In short, she is amazing and I would love to have half of the talent she does for art.  That being said, I am pretty damn proud of this project.


It's simple but beautiful.  Start with any size canvas and paint it in a base color.  I chose gold.  I let it dry overnight and then take some thin pin striping tape, masking tape, painting tape or whatever will not tear off your base coat and randomly made a pattern.


Paint away!  There are no rules.  I used 4 different paint colors but you could use 1 or 10, it doesn't matter.


After it dries, take off the tape carefully and viola, you have modern art!  The tape I used, tore a little bit of paint off so I just touched it up with some gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment