Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ravioli Lasagna

While making my menu this week, I was tempted by this Cheesy Sausage Tortellini recipe I found on Pinterest.  I put the ingredients I needed on my shopping list and off I went.  But, while at Cash & Carry, the Tortellini were $8 a bag, while the ravioli was on clearance for $4 a bag so I bought that instead.  As Wednesday came around, I got thinking about the recipe and decided to change it up a bit, so Ravioli Lasagna was born.  I have seen the technique a few times while browsing online but I didn't follow any recipe.

Ravioli Lasagna
1 bag of frozen ravioli
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 package of smoked sausage
Start with a layer of ravioli, then pasta sauce, Parmesan, sausage and mozzarella.  Repeat.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes until bubbly, cheesy and delicious.


This recipe took me less than 5 minutes to throw together and I was off doing other chores.  My husband even said, "Wow Honey, this is really good".  Which is so rare in our house.  I forgot to take a photo of it after it had cooked so if you make it, send me a picture of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment