Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Two of my aunts turned 50 this year and we threw them a Surprise Party earlier this month.  I was asked to make cupcakes and I used it as an opportunity to try something new.  I tried 2 new cupcakes.  I will post the second one next week.

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
(Add an extra egg and change the water to milk according to the box directions)
1 cup Chocolate Chips
Make the cake mix according to the package directions with the noted changes.  Stir in the Chocolate Chips and bake according to the package.



Peanut Butter Frosting
1 8 oz. block of Cream Cheese
4 tbsp of softened, unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
Whip the cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Add in the peanut butter to combine.  Slowly add in the powdered sugar until fully combined.  Finally, add the Cool Whip and mix until desired consistency.

I had extra frosting left over so I made a pan of brownies and topped them with it.  They were so delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment