Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weight Loss Journey: Eating Out, Failure and a Progress Photo

My updates will be every two weeks, unless something super duper awesome happens.  I have got this down to a set routine now so not much changes.  I do meal prep on Sundays and take meat out of the freezer for the week.  I wanted to show you all this progress photo.  I was hanging out with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and he pointed out that he could really tell my progress from my face. I see myself every day so I didn't see it until I put these two photos side by side.   The first one is from about a year ago and the other is from a few weeks ago.


We have made a few extra trips north in the past two weeks so some of our meals have been eaten out.  I have talked about this before but you just have to be smart and not afraid to ask for what you want.  Below is an example meal from Wendy's.  It rings in at 415 calories.  It's an Asiago Ranch Chicken club with no bun and no sauce with a small chili.  Wendy's chicken is by far the best fast food chicken around.  It is an actual chicken breast, not a patty of ground up chicken with extra crap.


Last week, my weigh in was a tad disappointing.  Not sure what I did wrong but I was up 3 pounds.  And of course, I got a little depressed because I have been working really hard.  So Friday, I bumped my food intake down and my workout up.  Saturday's weigh in had me down 2 lbs but still more than last week.  We went to the Packwood Flea Market with my sister and her family on Saturday.  We had McDonald's on the way up, Mexican for a late Lunch.  Then we just snacked after we got home.  We did walk a total of 2.84 miles according to the fitness tracker on my husband's phone.


I've discovered that at my gym, in the locker room, when I take off my shirt to change, it signals the older women to start a conversation with me.  I've heard stories about diabetes, cheating husbands, the woes of retirement and weight loss.  I don't know why but my husband and I collect weird.  We must look approachable.  I was really proud of myself this week.  When I was doing the 30 minutes express last week, I actually used the steps.  My knees were really sore but I did it.  That was a huge achievement for me.  The photo below shows what the 30 Minute Express room looks like.  Another achievement was that I lost 16 lbs this month.  I am down a total of 69 lbs.  I had challenged myself to lose 15 lbs this month.  I think that is why I got so depressed last week when I was up.


I wanted to share a recipe that I tried this week.  It was my friend Jamie's birthday and she is allergic to gluten, soy and dairy.  Needless to say, a traditional cake was something she couldn't have.  I searched high and low for a good recipe for her.  I found this Lemon Drizzle Chickpea Cake.  The only cages I made were that I made a glaze of lemon juice and powdered sugar instead of the honey and I put raspberries on top.  The texture will not be for everyone but my husband and I both really liked it.  The lemon flavor is really pronounced.  Let me know if you give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment