Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Weight Loss Journey: Six Months In

Here I am.  June 10th, 2015.  Exactly 6 months since that first phone call about my Diabetes diagnosis.  I can't begin to tell you how much I have changed in these 26 weeks.  Besides the 71 lbs that are gone, I have gained so much.  I have gained a renewed confidence in myself.  I am much happier.  I met a woman for the first time this week and she commented on how vibrant and full of life I seemed to be.  She said I had a glow about me.  She's right!


If you've been following my blog at all, you know I have been working pretty hard and it hasn't been easy.  But in reality, it's all a mental game.  I am constantly having conversations with myself about exercise, food and what to spend my time on.  It's about making smart choices.
"Oh, I haven't made it to the grocery store so let's just order pizza."
"No, we have plenty of food in the freezer, you can just cook something."
"But I have been really good and worked out extra hard today, Pizza won't hurt."
"It won't hurt, but it won't help either.  Just cook dinner."
Then I go cook dinner because arguing with myself is silly.  It's a battle within myself.  Luckily, my husband understands it and is patient with me.


I have been going to the gym now for 9 weeks and I figure I must be doing something right since they know my name.  I have my workouts down to a routine and now it's time to start keeping better track.  I am taking a small notebook with me to write down what machines I use, the reps I do and the weight I am doing them at.  I have also been trying to incorporate a few short walks a week into my routine.  I got my FitBit Charge HR today from Amazon.  I am so excited to integrate it into my activities.  It will take some getting used to as I have never worn a watch or bracelets.  So far I love it.  It's Purple!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome. Love reading your blog. And see how your doing keep it up. -allie r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Love that everybody knows your name at the gym and love the conversation with yourself about making dinner vs. pizza. I can totally relate...except that I chose pizza tonight. DOH!

    ReplyDelete