Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Weight Loss Journey: What I Eat In A Day

After my last few blogs were pretty negative in tone, I thought I would brighten things up.  I started on a low dose thyroid medication on Saturday April 2nd.  That next week I dropped 5 lbs and then I put the scale away.  I didn't want to be checking it every single day.  I won't weigh in again until May 1st.  I am doing really well at keeping under 2,000 calories so I thought I would share with you all what I eat in a day.

BREAKFAST 8:00 am
Breakfast is the same every work day.  I make an egg scramble.  I meal prep the meat on Sunday and portion it out into 4 ozs or whatever the serving is.  I weigh everything out in order to track things accurately.  This keeps me full until around noon.  I also have a 24 oz coffee with almond milk (32 cals) and about 40 ozs of water.


142 grams Isernio's Chicken Breakfast Sausage (160 cals)
7 ozs sliced Zucchini (34 cals)
5 ozs sliced Button Mushrooms (30 cals)
8 ozs Liquid Eggs (123 cals)
Total:  347 Cals, 15 carbs, 6 fat and 37 protein

PRE-WORKOUT 12:00 pm
I try to keep pre-workout light but with some protein and carbs.  I have been really liking cottage cheese and berries.


8 oz Cottage Cheese (180 Cals)
3 ozs Black Berries (32 cals)
3 ozs Raspberries (17 cals)
Total:  229 Cals, 28 carbs, 6 fat and 25 protein

POST WORKOUT 2:45 pm
I use my lunch break to go to the gym.  I either do Cardio or weight lifting for 35 minutes, then come back to work and eat.  Post Workout is always a salad.



4 cups Spring Salad Mix (40 cals)
4 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (166 cals)
2 tbsp Litehouse Opa Greek Yogurt Feta Dill Dressing (50 cals)
Total:  256 cals, 10 carbs, 15 fat and 23 protein

DINNER 6:00ish pm
Dinner can vary but we stick to about 10 or 15 dishes pretty consistently.   Here are a few.



6 oz Beef Chuck Steak (240 cals)
150 grams Yukon Gold Potato (120 cals)
2 cups Spring Salad Mix (20 cals)
2 tbsp Litehouse Opa Greek Yogurt Feta Dill Dressing (50 cals)
Totals:  430 cals, 32 carbs, 14 fat and 41 protein



Enchilada Filling:  20 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 1 can of Low Sodium Black Beans, 1 large can of La Victoria Mild Red Enchilada Sauce.  Makes 10 Servings, 168 calories each.
3 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortillas (80 cals each)
1.5 oz Mexican Cheese Blend
Totals:  745 cals, 87 carbs, 26 fat and 78 protein


7 ozs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh (245 cals)
8 ozs Yukon Gold Potato (138 cals)
6 ozs Birdseye Steamfresh Broccoli (60 cals)
Totals:  443 cals, 38 carbs, 11 fat and 46 protein


Beef Enchilada Bake
16 oz Grassfed Extra Lean Ground Beef
2 cups Instant White Rice
1 can Sweet Corn
1 can Low Sodium Black Beans
1 large can Enchilada Sauce
8 ozs Mexican Cheese Blend
Makes 4 large servings.  Can serve on a tortilla or eat in a bowl.
662 cals, 74 carbs, 18 fat and 51 protein


We also go out to eat maybe once or twice a month.  The above meal is from Ichi Teriyaki here in Longview.  I get no sauce on my chicken to keep the calories in check.  I look at MyFitnessPal for close matches when I eat out.  This meal came out to be 603 calories, 38 carbs, 16 fat and 68 protein.

In the evening I can have anywhere from 100 to 500 calories left.  I like to indulge in ice cream, popcorn or other simple snacks.  I found a really good diet ice cream called Halo Top.  It is hard to find and a bit expensive but well worth the effort.  The pint below is only 280 calories for the entire thing.  There is 60 carbs, 8 fat and 24 protein.  Compare that to regular ice cream and you will be blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment