Friday, May 27, 2016

Weight Loss Journey: Not Giving Up

I am very frustrated and depressed.  This thyroid issue is pissing me off.  I started medication the first of April.  Almost 8 weeks later and I am still in the low 390s.  The first 5 weeks, I was very diligent in staying under 2000 calories and working out 4 or 5 times a week.  I did drop from 399 to 395 but the last 3 weeks I have been pretty lax and not working out very much.  My low weigh in was 390.4 and my highest was 396.2.  I know weight can fluctuate but it is getting frustrated.

I'll be honest with you all.  Maybe I wasn't working as hard as I should have been.  In my mind I was telling myself I was working as hard as I could and eating as healthy as possible.  But honestly, I wasn't.  I was being lazy in the gym and letting my mind tell me I was tired or wore out when I actually wasn't.  And while I was staying in my caloric goals according to my tracking, I was eating things and not tracking them.  That number on the scale was really getting under my skin.

I decided to start looking at old photos for some inspiration, to show myself how far I have come.  Apparently I didn't really let anyone take full body shots of me.  I did find a photo from March 2016 in the same dress that I wore to a friends wedding on May 21st.  Like I said, my weight hasn't dropped but maybe 5 lbs in this time period but I can tell there is a body difference.  My hips, belly and midsection look slimmer.


I don't have much else to talk about at the moment but I wanted to show that even I get bogged down.  And even though that damn scale isn't showing any changes, there are great changes going on in my body.  My sister, Mom and nephews came down the other day to have lunch with me.  We went to a local park and played on the toys.  I would have never been able to climb up the ladders or slide down the slides a year ago.  I even ran with the 2 year old and I wasn't dead tired afterward.  This is the reason I started.  I wanted to be able to play with my nephews and maybe, some day, a child of my own.  Only time will tell but I am not giving up.

3 comments:

  1. Kristy I'm happy for ya I am doing the same thing walking about 2 and a half miles a day I make excuses about two days a week ha ..I am on the wheat belly diet ..basicly no wheat you can Google it to find out more if ya have a mind to ..you are a inspiration and part of the reason I wised up I'm down about 60 on this life style change with a nother 10 to 15 before I started by just walking....God bless ya and keep it up and so will I !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done so awesome, Kristy!! You know there's always plateaus when your body needs time to catch up. You can see the changes in your body, even when the scale isn't showing it. After some physical adjusting, you'll start dropping again. You've got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The long haul is hard, but you are doing great. Your body composition is showing thatbyou are losing fat & gaining muscle. Try putting the scale aside & just use how you are feeling & if you are meeting your daily goals to monitor your progress. It may help alieviate some of the stress that "no scale progress" causes. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete