Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

I have been on a real Mexican food kick this last week.  I made Enchilada Lasagna a few nights ago and it was so delicious.  I will share that recipe when I make it again next week.  Last night I made Beer Butt Chickens which always leave us with leftovers.  This was the prefect opportunity to make Creamy Chicken Taquitos.



Creamy Chicken Taquitos
4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
20 tortillas (corn or flour)



Mix all the ingredients, except tortillas, in a bowl until completely combined.  Soften the tortillas in the microwave for a minute or so.  Then, place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the tortilla and roll up.  Arrange rolled taquitos on a parchment lined sheet pan with space in between and spray with cooking spray.  Finally sprinkle a bit of salt over the top and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

My dipping sauce was simply some salsa, sour cream and an avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment