Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine Necklace or Garland

I saw this cute idea here and wanted to try it for the upcoming Valentine holiday.
Cut two strips of felt 6 inches wide and 12 inches long.
Pin the two pieces together and sew along one of the long sides.
Flip the fabric backward into a heart shape (like above) and pin together.
Then sew that long end together.
Mark every 3/4 of an inch and cut all the way through.
You should end up with 16 of these cute little heart shapes.
Take thread or string, tie a knot in the end and thread on a felt heart.
Place a bead or spacer of your choice.between each heart and continue until you run out of hearts.
I though this was a little small so I am going to wear it as a necklace.
 I had some foam paper in a gorgeous pink color and cut it in 2 strips of 8 inches by 11-1/4 inches. and followed the same instructions.
It was a bit hard to get through the machine but I think it turned out beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment