Friday, February 8, 2013

Polka Dot Hello Kitty & TMNT Cakes

My sister and I have done numerous wedding cakes, birthday cakes and cupcakes.  We don't do it for money, we have never charged anyone, we just do it for fun and because we love the people we do it for.  My favorite project we had previously done was for a friend's fall/country themed wedding.
 It was a lot of work but I just loved the look.  My dad and sister even made the cake stand.  Last week, we had the pleasure of making cakes and cupcakes for two special 7 year old's birthday party.  They had distinct themes.  Kylee wanted Hello Kitty and Hunter was all about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I saw a polka dot cake on Pinterest a few months back and had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to try the technique.  I figured Hello Kitty was it.
 I started with a white cake mix and separated part of it into 4 bowls.  Then I used neon food coloring to dye each one.  I scooped the mix into my cake pop pan and baked them.
I then poured some cake mix in the bottom of the cake pan, placed the dots in position and then poured the rest of the cake mix over the top.
Here is what the cake looked like after we decorated it with marshmallow fondant.
Here is what it looked like after they cut it.
 And here are the cupcakes.
Here is the TMNT cake.
And the cupcakes.  The pizza was my idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment