Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cookbook Discoveries: Banana Bread

A few months ago my Aunt Sharon from Iowa sent me a giant box of cookbooks.  I collect cookbooks so I was so excited to dig through them.  With the internet, I don't use my cookbooks as much as I should so I decided to go through and use them.  We had some browning bananas so I decided to make some Banana Bread.  My husband was thrilled.


The cookbook is from my Aunt and the bowl is from my husband's Grandma so it all felt very homey.

Banana Bread
2 eggs
3 bananas (mashed)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1-3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Optional:
1 cup chopped walnuts
1cup chocolate chips
Beat eggs and bananas until light and fluffy.  Add sugar and oil and beat well.  Add dry ingredients and mix only until moist.  Fold in optional ingredients if using.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.


I used 2 foil pans, sprayed with cooking spray.

 
Golden brown and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment