Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Creamy Ranch Chicken

I am a chicken fiend.  I could eat it everyday.  (Except Sunday, that's my steak day.)  So, I am always looking for new ways to prepare it.   I am partial to thighs or whole chickens because I find the breast to become too easily overcooked.  I have been toying with this recipe for about 6 months now.  I started with this Amish Chicken recipe.  It takes a few spices and a mix of heavy cream and water to bake the chicken in.  It was a good recipe.  The chicken was super moist but I was looking for something with more flavor.  I think I finally have it down to a great recipe that you will love.



Creamy Ranch Chicken
6-8 chicken thighs
1 cup flour
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 tbsp Johnny's seasoning salt
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
3 cups heavy cream (1-1/2 cups heavy cream and 1-1/2 cups water)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with pan spray.  In a large paper bag or 1 gallon ziploc, mix your flour, ranch mix, johnny's and garlic powder.  Put your chicken pieces in the bag and shake, shake, shake until thoroughly coated.  Place the chicken in the pan, skin side up.  Then, pour the heavy cream over the top of the chicken.  it should cover the chicken about 3/4 of the way up.  You can adjust to your pan size or chicken amount.  Bake for 45 - 60 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and done.




I usually fish the chicken out of the pan and use a whisk to get all the yummy bits mixed in with the pan juices.  It makes a fantastic gravy for mashed potatoes or pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment