Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lace Painted Dining Table

I started this repainting project almost 2 years ago.  The top of this table was pretty trashed so I bought Zissner Cover Stain Oil Primer.  I did the first coat on March 30th, 2013.  Then, life happened.  I just never got around to finishing it.  Well, last weekend, we finally did.

This is after sanding the first two coats that had been on for 2 years.  We decided to do one more coat of primer and another round of sanding.


My adorable hubby Roger was better on the sander than I was.


After picking out my color and buying a sample size, we got to work.  We laid 2 coats of color.


Juanita, our Chrysler Imperial, was a little mad that we took her parking spot to paint the table.


Next, Roger papered and taped the area we wanted to paint and we laid down a piece of lace I got on clearance.


Then, we spray painted the table with white.

Then it was time to remove the lace, tape and paper to reveal out results.

Finally we did 2 coats of a protective clear coat over the entire table and moved it back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment