Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Upcycled Storage Tins


This project is as simple as it gets.  It took me about 3 minutes of actual work and 20 minutes of drying time.  So, in less than half an hour, I had a spiffy new storage container for my beads to go along with my button tin.


I was cleaning out my office and found this tin in my gift drawer.  I also happened to find a bag, a box and a sack full of beads.  Did I mention I am a craft hoarder?  A light bulb went off and I grabbed some cardboard, spray paint and the tin and headed outside.


It was a gorgeous day out so there was minimal time between the 2 coats I did.


The paint I had is actually Hi-Temp Engine paint that I got for my Button Craft Baby Gift.


As you can see, this simple, quick upcycle works awesome.  You could do decoration on top or the sides as well if you took the time.  Let me know if you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment