Thursday, August 30, 2012

Only 116 Days Til Christmas

Laying in bed last night, my mind drifted to Christmas.  Then the panic set in.  It's almost September, which means Christmas is right around the corner.  I am a planner.  Usually by this time, I have lists made, days scheduled and at least half my presents bought and stored in my closet.  I hadn't even thought about it until last night and I feel behind already.  It seems the older I get, the less time I feel like I have.  The days haven't gotten shorter and neither have the weeks months or years.  So why do I feel this way?  Needless to say, I couldn't sleep until I had at least started my list.  I will just quickly share how I set up my spreadsheet and maybe you too can get a jump start on your holiday planning.

Its really basic.  My Column Headings are:
Recipient        Gift       Bought       Wrapped

Whenever someone gives me an idea of what they want, I just enter in and once it is bought, I place a check mark in that box.  It is amazing how checking off those boxes can make you feel accomplished.

Hope this has helped you out a little bit, I know I feel better and am online shopping as I post this.  I am having camera issues so that's why I haven't posted anything new lately.  I do have an awesome Fried Chicken recipe to share and in preparation for my Bunko hosting duties next month, I will be trying out a bunch of other new recipes.  Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment