Monday, January 28, 2013

S'mores Cookies


This dreary Winter weather is making me yearn for Summer.  For me, Summer means bonfires, which in turn, means S'mores.  I don't have a very active sweet tooth so when I am craving something, all I need is a taste and I'm good.  While re-organizing the cupboards, I found a sleeve of graham crackers and knew I had to try to make cookies.



S'mores Cookies
1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1/2 a bag of mini marshmallows
Cream the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.  Add the vanilla and eggs and beat again until smooth.  Slowly add in the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt, mixing until combined.  Stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips until thoroughly mixed in.  Use and ice cream scoop and place the dough on parchment paper about 9 per sheet.  These are fairly big cookies.  Cook at 350 for 12 minutes.

These cookies aren't pretty but they are so delicious and capture that lovely S'more flavor.

1 comment:

  1. And apparently I need to make a batch of these too. Mmmm, cookies.

    ReplyDelete