Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Breakfast Muffins


My husband and I have a Sunday ritual.  We get up and go to breakfast at a local sports bar, The Silver Star Saloon, every Sunday morning possible.  When we walk in the door the waitress, Sarah, grabs our drinks and then asks us if we want our usual.  It's like Cheers, except I'm not sure she actually knows our names, just our order.

If you ask my friends and family, I am a great cook.  Although, my hidden secret is that I hate cooking breakfast.  To me, breakfast just isn't that creative and I am terrible at cooking hash browns.  I also despise pancakes and waffles.  I can't explain it.  I know it's weird.  

If we are home Saturday morning for breakfast, I usually just eat leftovers from the night before.  But,  for the past few weekends I have been making these Breakfast Muffins.  (I also made biscuits and gravy but that is another blog.)  These are super simple and take minimal effort, I promise.

Breakfast Muffins
6 eggs
1 lb cooked and crumbled sausage, bacon, or ham (cooled)
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 roll of refrigerator "grands" biscuits
Salt and Pepper
(You could also add veggies or really anything you wanted to.)


Preheat over to 350.  Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the meat, veggies and cheese.  Season with the salt and pepper.


Spray a muffin tin with baking spray.  Open the biscuit roll and separate each one.  My roll had 8 in it so I used 4 whole biscuits and then split the other 4 in half.  Flatten out the biscuits and put them in the bottom of the tin and up the sides.  Once all the biscuits are in, pour or scoop the egg mixture into the pan.  I used a 1/3 cup measure but a 1/4 would be more suitable.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.  Extract and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment