Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Painted Furniture


One of my new favorite things to do is painting furniture!  I just love finding a new piece and giving it new life.  Right now I am less than 2 weeks away from my next show (where I sell furniture pieces...along with many other items) so I have many pieces in progress.  Who am I kidding, show or not, I ALWAYS have many things "in progress".


My painting station (aka my dining room) currently has 2 dressers and a coffee table "in progress" and awaiting their new lives.  The coffee table has been one of those projects where I go from plan A to B, C and now D.  I think I have painted the base of that thing like 6 times now!  But I have settled on this color/finish and I am going to stick with it….I think. 

Here is the coffee table "in progress".

I paint all of my pieces with chalk paint.  If you haven’t tried this stuff, you need to.  It saves so much time in sanding and prepping.  Plus that is the stage where I usually get frustrated and walk away from a project.  I usually just fix any divots or imperfections with putty and sanding.  But I never just leave it with a solid color...that would be way too boring for me!  Yes, I am that person that doesn’t like white walls in her house!  So I always add a design.  This is the fun part!  I usually do a google search to get an idea then I either draw it right onto my piece or if it is more intricate I will use my projector and trace it on.

 This little chest of drawers is just about finished - just need to add new knobs.

Some of my finished pieces.

Don't be afraid to try something wild and crazy.  After all, you can always re-paint it!



1 comment: