Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Goals, Week 4: Positivity

I was on a real high Sunday.  I was happy with my loss last week and I was really excited to see all the support and love I have behind me.  I got private messages, phone calls and texts.  You all know how to make a girl feel awesome.  My goal this week is to say 5 positive things that happened in my day.  I will share some with you.  Sunday's things included posting my blog, getting a call from both of my parents, getting a text from a really good friend and not having to leave the house all day.

I rewarded myself with Pizza on Monday and I was utterly disappointed.  I ordered a thin crust Chicken and Mushroom pizza.  I hated it.  I don't see the point in wasting the calories if it isn't going to be satisfying.  I can eat 2 slices for 500 calories.  There are much better tasting things I can have for those calories.  Maybe next time I will just get the wings.  I like those better anyway.  My positive things for Monday included another call from my Dad to ask me how much water he needed to make a recipe.  I love getting calls from my family to ask advice on cooking.  It must mean I'm doing something right.


Tuesday was a long day at work but I still made dinner when I got home.  I threw together Penne with Chicken and Turkey Meatballs.  I ate very little of the pasta but the meatballs were so good.  I just added some cumin, a couple eggs and a little panko and baked them for 20 minutes.  The recipe made 40 meatballs that were 26 calories each.  Tuesday's positive thoughts included that it was payday and I have a job.

I am becoming a really strong believer in a low carb lifestyle.  I have done hours of research on the subject and with my own personal experience, I don't think I will ever go back.  I sleep better, I have so much energy and I am losing without working very hard at it.  I know that I will have to start working out a lot more but for now, I am focused on food.  The month of March has been a real breakthrough month for me.

Friday I got off work an hour early, went to the grocery store and then headed home for a baking extravaganza.  My Aunt Nancy asked me to make the cake for my Uncle Rick's Surprise 50th Birthday.  I made a main Carrot Cake, which is his favorite, and then Orange Cremesicle, Chocolate Nutella and Caramel Apple Cupcakes.  Saturday I went to my sister's house to decorate them and hang out with her and my nephews.  Logan, who is 4 1/2 helped me make chocolate toppers but fell asleep before he could help me frost them.

Saturday night was the big party and we had a great time.  Then Sunday, I came back north to stay the night with at my sister's because I had to be in Olympia early on Monday.  I have such a good time with my nephews.  They are a big reason I am choosing to get healthy.  When one of them asks me to play tag or sit on the floor with them, I want to be able to do it.  Right now I just say I am too big.  Logan asked me to play freeze tag and I told him I couldn't run so he suggested we just walk really fast.  It's what I love most about him.  He is so considerate and genuine.

Monday I took my friend J to get a endoscopy.  My nephew Landon, who's 1 1/2, had woken us all up at 4:45 that morning.  Of course, he napped at 5:30.  I was pretty tired but stayed awake to get J home and back to his place.  I hung out with him for a bit to make sure he was ok and then started the 90 minute drive home.  I stopped in Grand Mound at McDonalds for food and ordered like my old self.  I ordered two 3-piece chicken selects and 2 McDoubles.  I ended up only eating one of each.  Old me would have slammed it all down before I hit Centralia.


All in all March was a great month.  I feel more focused and my mind feels clearer.  I got a lot of people encouraging me to keep it up and many comments on how I seemed happier.  I guess I just feel more alive.

1 comment: