Monday, April 6, 2015

Repurposed Photo Frame Jewelry Hanger

Another easy project off my to do list and I made it all with stuff I had already at home.

About 7 years ago, we put our house on the market.  Our Realtor told us to unclutter and remove all personal photos.  We did and when our house didn't sell, we never put them back up.  Part of it was laziness and part of it was depression because we really wanted to move.  Well I finally got around to unpacking them and hanging most of them back up.  In the packing however, I had 2 frames that had broken glass.  I removed the glass and saved the frames to make this project.

Materials you will need are:
Frames
Scrapbook or wrapping paper
Scissors
Ink Pen
Tape
Lace

By the way, did you notice my repurposed old trunk coffee table?  We bought the trunk at a garage sale over 10 years ago.  It holds DVDs, VHS tapes and photos.  Roger bought a movers dolly at Harbor Freight and we placed the trunk on top.  Easy peasy and so useful.  I like it because I can move it easily and it has a cool story.

First step is to cut your paper and your lace.  I used a map scrapbook paper I had and cut out the west coast, since tat's where I am from.  I had an extra piece of lace from my Lace Painted Dining Table Project that I used.

I used the tape to hold the lace in place as I wrapped it around the scrapbook paper.  Then I just put them back in the frame.

For the earrings, I just hung them on the lace.  For the necklaces, Roger got me some S hooks at Wal-mart for 97 cents for 4.  I love the look of these and they dress up my bedroom nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment