Thursday, April 9, 2015

Weight Loss Journey: A Break-Up, A Visitor and A New Page

It's a really sad day for me and I hate to even talk about this but I have to.  After last night, I am sad to report that we are breaking up.  We have been together for so long but it's time that we parted ways.  I wanted you all to hear it from me.  He has caused me too many stomach aches lately.  Cheese and I are over.  He has been my favorite for so long but apparently my stomach says he isn't allowed to come around anymore.  I may be able to sneak him in small doses but cheese quesadillas, nachos, or anything covered in an ooey gooey delicious layer of cheese is out.  (Pardon me while I wipe my drool and tears away.)

Now back to my normal ramblings.

I was super excited to have my nephew come stay with us last weekend.  It was the first time he has come to our house.  We picked Logan up Friday evening and drove south.  We told him we lived pretty far away but a 4 year old has no concept of time or distance.  When we got to our house, he had to run around, meet our animals, check out each room and then say he was hungry.  We don't have traditional kid food in our house so I was going to make chicken nuggets out of chicken breast and panko.  The whole concept kinda blew his mind.  He kept running to the microwave to ask if they were done yet.

Later that night he told me about a video he watched on his tablet for banana ice cream.  Well, I had watched the same video and had put bananas in the freezer a few weeks ago so we made Banana "Ice Cream".  It takes just 2 ingredients:  frozen bananas and almond milk.  All you do is put the frozen bananas in the food processor and add almond milk until you get the consistency you want.  I probably added about 1/3 of a cup of the almond milk.  It was really creamy and he and Roger loved it.  You could fold in whatever you wanted, like chocolate chips or nuts.

Saturday we made Carrot Cake Cupcakes for Easter and Roger made Kitty Cat shaped pancakes.  We let him choose what he wanted for lunch and he wanted pizza so we ordered Pizza Hut.  I did what I said and just ordered wings for myself and I was much more satisfied.  He ate his pizza and then we painted on some canvases.  He really enjoyed that.

The most exciting part came around 2:00 when a strange woman knocked on our door telling us that our fence was on fire.  It turns out that our neighbors had been burning their garbage and left it unattended.  Well the other trash they had piled against our fence caught fire and in turn caught our fence on fire.  Roger went back with a hose but it wasn't working so we called the Fire Department.  Logan was so excited to see the firemen and they even let him sit in the truck and gave him a cool hat.  There wasn't a ton of damage to our fence but it will need replaced soon.

We took him home Sunday where he hunted for Easter Eggs with his brother.  Then we went to my Aunt Shelly's house to have Easter with the family.  After Shelly's we went to my Dad's place.  It was a ton of time in the car but seeing family was worth it.  We finally got home around 8pm.  Since we don't have kids, we just go where we're told for holidays.

I weighed in Sunday before leaving for Easter and I was down another 4 lbs.  A total of 47.  I am 3 lbs from my 2015 goal of 50 lbs.  Once I reach that, I will set another goal.  My schedule will be changing at work soon so I will have an hour lunch.  This is a good opportunity for me to join the Planet Fitness gym that is just a few miles from my work.  It is giving me major anxiety but I need to get out of my comfort zone a bit.  I signed up Thursday April 9th, exactly 4 months from my diagnosis.  The last 4 months have been really good for me.  I have a completely new attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment