Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Weight Loss Journey: Goals Reached, Proud Auntie and Gym Days

Friday morning, April 10th, I weighed myself before work.  I had done it, I reached my 50 lb goal in just 4 months.  I literally screamed with joy.  I wish someone had been home with me but I just had the cats to celebrate with.  I did post about it on Facebook and got so much positive feedback.  I can't say enough how much I appreciate all my friends and family for their support and love.  The guys at work want to celebrate but everything they can think of involves food.  My treat to myself is my Planet Fitness Membership and a new pair of athletic shoes.


Friday was the 100th day of the year and also my first day at the gym. I got a 40 minute work out in during my lunch.  I did 5 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes (or 1 mile) on the stationary bike and 30 minutes of circuit training.  I know to some it make not seem like much but for me, it really was.  I have to start somewhere.  It got me sweating and my heart rate up.  I really like this gym.  It is not intimidating and all the staff are really nice.


Saturday we had breakfast with Roger's parents and my Mom and her boyfriend, Bruce.  Then I headed north for my nephew Logan's first T-Ball game.  It was probably the cutest thing I have ever witnessed.  He waved at the crowd on his way up to bat and took a bow when he crossed home plate.  It was hilarious and made me really proud.  After the game we went to dinner.  It was 5:30 and I hadn't ate since 10.  Needless to say, I was hungry.  We went to Brewery City Pizza.  Now, I have admitted many times that Pizza is one of my down falls.  But, I ordered hot wings and a Spinach salad while everyone else had pizza and I wasn't even tempted.  The salad was really good and I ended up only eating a few of the wings.  I took the rest home.  I sat next to my nephew Landon at dinner and he kept eating off my plate.  Kari and Josh both said that he normally doesn't eat greens so I had another Proud Auntie Moment that I was setting a good example for him.


Sunday I had some leftovers for breakfast and then we headed to a movie.  I splurged and we shared a large popcorn and I had a large diet soda.  Now I know it wasn't the best choice but we don't go to the movies often and I felt like it was a treat.  After the movie, we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for a sports bra, a new broom and some other essentials.  Small rant about all the sports bras I've seen is that they do not provide coverage.  The band is large enough but the cups are not holding anything in.  I have to just wear it over my regular bra to help the jiggle.  I regress.  For dinner I made Cajun Seafood Stew.  As always, it was delicious and filled with seafood and flavor.  I did have a hard time falling asleep Sunday night.  I think it was probably the caffeine in that large soda.  I rarely have any caffeine so I am sure it stuck with me.

Monday was back to the grind.  This week my schedule is 7 am to 5 pm with an hour lunch.  During my lunch I am going to the gym.  It is a 5 minute drive, 5 minutes to change my clothes, then a 40 minute work out.  I think I am going to do 10-15 minutes on the bike with the remainder on the weight machines on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  On Tuesday and Thursday I will do the Express 30 Minute Circuit Training.  Then, the next week, I will swap them.


This Tuesday was my first day on the Express workout and it is a killer.  Ten machines and 10 step stations at 1 minute each.  I started out strong, doing stair steps but toward the end it was all I could do to walk in place.  I haven't worked that hard in a long time.  It felt kinda great.  My arms are extremely sore as well as my thighs.  But, this was just the first day.  It will only get better and easier as I keep going.  When I got home from work, I was extremely hungry.  I hadn't ate since noon and had burned all those calories at the gym.  I made Chicken Burritos and scarfed those down quickly.  The problem was, I still wanted more.  I finally got up and ate some grapes but even then, I was still wanting to eat.  I had to close myself off in my office and sew a tote bag in order to distract myself from wanting to eat.

3 comments:

  1. found your blog from 3fC--im at cupcakeswithlessfrosting.com if you wanna check out my blog :D
    congrats on your weight loss, 50 pounds is awesome! yummm that seafood stew sounds good! What is your bra size? I LOVE a certain brand from walmart sports bras, but I can't remember which one it is...but they tend to be a hit or miss. once you find something comfortable and supportive, but a bunch like I did lol Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found you on 3FC (click on my username to visit my blog - I'm definitely game for some blogger to blogger motivation).

    I just wanted to say congrats on the milestone!!! That is really exciting. And I'm sure that your non-food reward of a gym membership will pay many future dividends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought it may be an idea to post incase anyone else was having problems researching but I am a little unsure if I am allowed to put names and addresses on here.
    Bikini body workouts program by Jen Ferruggia

    ReplyDelete