Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crock Pot Week, Day 4: Dr.Pepper Roast

When I first read the recipe for this Dr.Pepper Roast, I wasn't so sure about it.  Cream of potato soup and Dr.Pepper did not sound like a good combination.  I was pleasantly surprised by the slight sweetness in the background of the savory sauce.  I really enjoyed this recipe and will be making it again soon.  I would add some Worcestershire sauce next time to add a little kick.  Click here for the original inspiration.


Dr.Pepper Roast
2 cans Cream of Potato soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 packet of French Onion Soup mix
2 cups of Dr.Pepper (I used Dr.Dynamite because that is what we had.)
2-3 lb beef roast
Whisk together the soups, onion soup mix and Dr.Pepper in the crock.  Then put the roast in and cook on low for 6 hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment