Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crock Pot Week, Day 5: Chicken and Dumplings

I will be honest.  This week of Crock Potting was tough.  My husband was not too enthusiastic about it to begin with.  He was not looking forward to "soupy crap" all week.  My goal was to show him how diverse the Crock Pot could be.  I think I succeeded in that but to me, it seemed like a lot of work.  I am not a morning person, so getting up even earlier to put things together was a hassle.  On one of the days,  I did put things together the night before and that was much easier.  Once a week Crock Potting will be enough for us.    


Friday's dinner was supposed to be Chicken and Dumplings.  On Thursday night, I chopped all my chicken and vegetables so that I could just throw things in the crock on Friday morning.  It was very easy to put together and I set my timer and was out the door.



However, while at work, my evening plans changed.  I was invited out to dinner with some dear friends up north and I simply could not pass up the invite.  So I came home from work, put my dumplings in, set my timer and out the door I went.


I thought the recipe was ok.  It was kinda bland but it was comforting.  If you read this blog a lot, you know I am all about the comfort food.  Give the recipe a try but put your own spin on it.



Chicken and Dumplings
1 roast chicken deboned and chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 bag of sliced carrots
8 stalks of celery, chopped
1 cup chopped onion
1 can of refrigerated biscuits
Mix the cream soups and the stock in the crock, then add in the vegetables and chicken.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Turn the crock to high, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and place them in the crock.  Let cook on high for 1 hour, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment